Every applicant in Indian School of Business is evaluated carefully and when you like to become part of the university, you need to do well. Knowing about ISB application process is essential to help you become prepared. Continue reading and learn how to get into ISB.
ISB Application Process
- Academic Credentials. With this, it evaluates you through your past academic performance as well as your performance in your GMAT exam. They consider 12th standard grades, post graduation, certification scores and graduation grades.
- Leadership potential. Students are evaluated through their past personal and professional life. Students will be assessed through their initiatives, responsibilities and career progression. They will be engaged to professional evaluation.
- Personal attributes. In ISB University, they are looking for well-rounded and versatile students who can able to contribute to their society as well as to other meaningful ways. They are seeking for students who can bring different perspectives in class and different point of views.
Getting Into ISB School
The time you know about ISB or University of Delhi MBA, this is the time you should know the steps you need to do to become part of the university. You need to make sure you know what you are doing.
- Gather details. It is essential to gather details about ISB School. The best place to start knowing about the university is to visit their website. The website provides the information that you need especially in applying.
- Check admission section. It is essential that you visit the site to know about the admission process. Schools post the admission process for students to have a guide on what they should do.
- Attend free session. In your city, it is a good idea when you attend some free session because it covers numerous major cities in India and to some other countries too. You might also want to attend virtual information session.
- Prepare well. It is important that you will be well prepared. You need to be prepared for your GMAT. You need to know about your strengths and weaknesses so that you can address it. You can spend two months in bridging gaps. Ensure that you do not overdo preparing because you can suffer from practice fatigues. In addition, when you are taking questions and tests, you should not look at solutions but you also need to ensure that you understand the questions. It is better to review your paper because you submit.
- Have a good GMAT score. You need to have at least more than 700 scores but it is not mandatory. If you have a good low score, then it does not mean that you cannot get into ISB. What you need to do is to take the exam again and be sure to improve your score. Submit your score to ISB when you are done with the test.
- Apply online. You can apply to the website of the school. Bear in mind that you abide by the timelines of the university. Construct your essay and always be consistent in telling a story when it comes to your strengths and aspirations.
- Wait for interview. Wait for your application is shortlisted and wait for an interview. Be patient in here and you need to be aware on what is happening to other candidates by visiting forums or community.
- Attend the interview. In attending the interview, you need to be self-aware and confident where you want to go with explanations. Be positive all the time and do not give a bad impression when you show about your confidence.
Start to apply and wait for the result.
If you want to have multiple options, we advise learning more about XLRI executive MBA.
How Admission Process Works
Before you apply to the university, it is essential that you know about ISB application deadlines because it is your guide on where you need to complete certain requirements and when you should submit your application.
If you’re applying to ISB School and wondering on chances on becoming part of it, it is helpful when you understand Adcom will slot applicants into p1, p2, p3, and p4. The coding scheme gives you an impression on odds increase and decreases in numbers:
- Category p3. With this, you need to have a high score of GMAT to get into, you need to have 770 to 780 score, impressive extracurricular as well as great accomplishments. If you have it, you can able to get an interview.
- Category p1. This is where diversity applicants will come in. ISB does not have the same diversity on cultural that America, Asia and European offer. What they do is to look for different backgrounds. Students should have strong GMAT and essays to get an interview.
- Category p2. In this category, you need to narrate a story that is different from other candidates having your background. If you want to make a good impact, you need to do it.
- Category p4. In this category, number signifies. Students with low GMAT score will be dumped. The only way you can able to convince the committee is that you need to impress the committee that you deserve to win the competition.
How to Get Admission in ISB
Wondering how to get admission in ISB? You should not worry because when you know about the requirements, you can able to know what steps you need to undertake. The application is available on August 20, 2015 and they only accept online applications wherein printed application is not available. Students can save as well as review the details before submitting.
The following documents must need to be scanned and to be uploaded together with the application:
- Passport photocopy
- Color photographBachelor’s degree transcripts or mark sheets in all semester years
- Bachelor degree certificate
- Proof of income
- Organization chart
- Business card
- Company support letter which is not applicable to business owners and self-employed
ISB Admission GMAT Score: About the School
Before you go on further wondering about the accepted ISB admission GMAT score, you must know a thing or two about the school or program you are looking forward to get involved. The Indian School of Business located in Hyderabad, Telangana and Mohali, Punjab was established back in 2011. The school is consistently ranked by the Financial Times amongst the best in global MBA rankings.
The GMAT score for ISB does not have a fixed range or average result that one has to worry about, but is something that one may consider focusing before they even pursue a career in one of the school’s programs. Check out some of the things that one must know with the school’s program rather than their ISB GMAT score. Learn more about ISB Hyderabad admission criteria:
- Applicants must at least meet the recommended TOEFL score of 100 or IELTS score of seven out of nine.
- Other than the need to submit their ISB admission GMAT score before the specified deadline, one must also submit their letters of recommendation in time. These letters may come from any person within your previous company who is authorized to make comments regarding your professional career.
- Aside from getting a considerable and an average ISB GMAT score, applicants must also take note of and focus on the interview date advised to them by the ISB admission 2015 committee.
- In the event that an applicant passed the GMAT score for ISB, but has not gotten any interview date, they can contact the Team Admissions at phone number 04023187403/74 or might as well email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Selection Criteria GMAT score for ISB
Any participant who wishes to participate or join an ISB program would be evaluated based from a certain guideline. Though it may vary from time to time, here are the most common things that the school looks for their students to possess. Some of it is as follows.
- Undergraduate degree performance
- Family business knowledge
- Work experience and achievements
- Size, scale and complexity of length and complexity of business experience
- Business leadership potential
Additional Details About Application
- Employer support letter. Candidates need to furnish a letter from an employer saying that they are allowed to participate in the program. In the letter, it should state the nature and extent of the sponsorship. It can be submitted together with an application or together with admission or acceptance offer. For business owners and self-employed applicants, they are not required to submit the document.
- Recommendations. Students should submit two professional evaluations. The schools are strongly recommended that students should choose an online evaluation. For students who are employed, they need to request a letter from their current manager and to the previous manager.
- Misplaced educational documents. it’s mandatory to submit a Bachelor’s certificate and transcripts for all semester years. For misplaced documents, it is advisable for students to get a copy in the school at the earliest time.
Eligibility for Admission
- Bachelor’s degree
- GMAT score( even though it is not official, it is essential to provide score)
- Minimum of 2 years full-time work experience except for students with great demonstrable achievements
The code in sending GMAT score is N2DJ501 (IELTS or TOEFL or PTE score (this is required for students who part of non-English medium).
The institution code for the TOEFL score is 9047
What Is Committee Looking for in ISB Applications?
Applicants will be judged in three aspects: the academics, leadership, and interview. In academic, it covers your GPA, exams, and percentage. In leadership, you need to show about your professional accomplishments together with extracurricular activities you have done. In an interview, the committee wants to see the figures and facts you have submitted.
To sum it up, there are requirements for ISB application and the steps you need to do. You need to submit an essay, test exams and attend the interview. If you want to become a student of ISB, then do your best and show what you have got to the committee.
If you need a backup plan on your IMBAmba application, have a look at IIT Delhi executive MBA.